Natural Medicine

Medical Herbalism Nutrition Yoga & Wilderness Retreats

Monday, October 10, 2011

Giving Thanks

In BC the seasonal change and annual harvest is here. This is a great time to feast and feel grateful for so many things that enrich our lives.

For me the attention on gratitude extends to other days through the year. Each day after meditation or asana I take a moment of appreciation for something in my life. Some days I sit and wait before I shift my perspective and find appreciation, while other days I am flooded with boundless joy and gratitude for everything around me.

While I have enjoyed this daily, others make a birthday list with as many inspirations for gratitude as their age. Some keep journals to look back upon when they feel blue.

   I have enjoyed a few years of this daily practice and wanted to share some of the things that bring me joy..........
warm meadows
the earth and its nourishment
my family (all of them for their open hearts and each of them for the individual teachings they offer)
good, clean food
water (clear, oceans, tears, rivers)
the chance to walk in the forest (the smell of trees & dirt)
the sounds of wind in the trees
mom
teachers I have known, past and present
dear friends
the sun
dad
the chance to see my nephew as a young boy
music (the rhythm, the harmony)
yoga
the chance to love and be loved
Cam, my partner
the plants
the fungi
the animals
chocolate
Tilia
Cedar
Loved ones who have passed on
walking the path with plants
the students who share their journeys
time spent in the wilderness
lessons from bear, cougar, moose and deer
songs from loons

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment